Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bless The Lord!

How do you bless the Lord? Do you bless the Lord? When was the last time you blessed Him?

Pslam 103 says this, “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy Name!”

Blessing the Lord isn’t exactly something a lot of folks are used to. Mostly they pray, “Bless me, Lord, bless me…now!” Prayer often becomes more like a journey through a catalog: “I want this, and I want that, and I want this other stuff, too.” But that’s not what the psalmist meant when he declared that his soul blessed the Lord. The next words he penned were, “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.”

That should be an indication to us that blessing Him has something to do with remembering what He has done for us. The psalm goes on to remind of us some of those benefits. But let me ask you this, don’t you love it when someone remembers you? Don’t you love it when someone thanks you for what you’ve done for them? Well, Beloved, God is no different. He loves to hear us praise Him and thank Him for who He is and what He has done. So take time today, thank Him over and over for the big things and the little things.

Take time today to bless the Lord with a soul that is thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment