Thursday, January 27, 2011

Unbending

When we think of someone as being “unbending” we think of them in terms of being rigid, set solidly in their own beliefs, unwilling to allow change to come to them. However, when I think of “unbending” I think of how hard it is to get up off the floor after being in the presence of our Lord! (LOL)

Seriously, people, I don’t think it has anything to do with my grey hair (I look in the mirror and don’t seem that much older) but when I stand up after being on my face, well, it’s definitely another story!

C’mon now, when was the last time you were actually on your face before God? I’m not talking about “legalism” that says there is a specific posture for prayer. Not talking about that at all. I’m talking about loving the Lord so very much that you can’t even sit in His presence, you have to get down on your knees and then fall on your face.

There is a reverence to our time with the Lord that comes when we are on the floor. For me, it puts me in a physical remembrance of who I am and Who He Is. It creates an intimacy that goes with me the entire day.

Now if you are truly not physically able to make it onto the floor, create a time of intimacy with Him somehow. You might just put your face down on your knees as you sit on your couch, or cover your head to create that “closet” as they did with prayer shawls back in Jesus’ day. But beloved, I would encourage you to start your day with even just a couple of minutes set aside for Him. Your work will be more productive; your love will go before you; and you’ll bring peace to your job.

You are His and He is yours…and you’ll feel that way the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment