Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Red Words

You know, I’m always amazed when I read the words in red ink! Over the years, I’ve read and re-read the Bible countless times, and the depth of the spiritual awareness of the writers astonishes me. But…

No one, absolutely no one, has the depth of our Lord Jesus Christ. I’m a little intimidated, I’ve got to admit, because I so want to understand Him at a deeper level and yet it’s a struggle for me. How about you?

Jesus Himself tells us that His words are “hard sayings” that are difficult to understand, and that we’re to “have ears to hear” but, huh? I want to be a strong spiritual person, I want to quote scripture, I want to walk in abiding wisdom, and I want to exercise the power of life that is in my tongue.

So how can I get to “there” from “here”? Read the red words! Read them out loud, and then let the Holy Spirit minister to you. You know, Beloved, prayer time is not just a time when we approach God and tell Him what’s in our hearts. It has to be a time when we approach God and listen to what’s in His heart.

His words are in red. Search them out. Learn them. Meditate on them. Live them. Make them a part of who you are and soon you will realize that you’ve built an awareness of God in everything you do. And because you’ve listened to Him, you'll understand Him a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment