Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Around In Circles

Every now and again the Lord will lead you in a direction you didn’t expect, but after it was over, you looked at it again and realized it was totally orchestrated by Him and should have been totally expected.

I have a dear friend. We met in fourth grade and were best friends until sixth grade when she moved up north and I moved to California. We used to sit in the woods adjacent to our elementary school’s playground and eat wild blueberries and talk about the things of God. I really enjoyed talking about Jesus when I was much younger. But because of my family’s “religious” affiliation, a personal relationship with Him was greatly discouraged. So when my friend moved away, there was no one left to talk to. Fast forward 15 or so years. We met again when by long distance I introduced her to her husband. She still lived up north, I again lived in Florida. We lost touch. Fast forward 30 years. A death in her family brought her back to Florida and we renewed our friendship as though the years did not exist.

It’s amazing how God blesses us by allowing us to renew friendships. He truly is the Repairer of the Breach. He can do the same for any relationship you have, whether it’s a breach between family or friends. Trust Him to lead you to do the right thing. You know Joshua 1:7 tells us not to turn from the Word, either to the right or to the left, but to follow the Word as it directs.

I can’t begin to stress how, if you will follow the simple command in Joshua 1:8 to meditate on the Word day and night, that your footsteps will be ordered and He will put you on a path to restore the breaches in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment