Thursday, August 19, 2010

All About Him

Maybe it’s just because I’m trying to listen so carefully…

At this particular juncture of my life, I really don’t want to listen to anyone or anything other than the Holy Spirit. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not getting weird (well weirdER) and I’m not going to shut myself off from mankind and/or the church. It’s just that I want to make sure that every step I take is really the direction in which He wants me to go. How about you, isn’t that all you really want, too?

I’ve been given a wonderful ministry through which to minister to God’s people who have to get up every morning and go to work; often to jobs they don’t like with people they don’t like. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we’re Christians, we love everyone, and everything we do is “unto Him.” Right. Hold that thought!

But every day, millions of folks just like us get up and have to face issues that tempt them, challenge their beliefs, and try to get them to cast aside their convictions. In other words, the world is out to get them to relinquish their belief in the Lord Jesus Christ. It’s that simple. Every workplace has its challenges and they are in your life for one reason: so the enemy can throw darts at you until you get tired and quit resisting.

But the enemy is a liar! As long as you keep focusing on Jesus (even during the day, just a well-written post-it note can knock the devil on his face) you’ll be able to overcome anything the enemy throws at you.

No matter how hard it gets at work, or at home for that matter, listen carefully for the voice of the Holy Spirit, try to make every thought and every decision Christ-centered, and you’ll be okay. I promise. And better than that, God promises!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment