Thursday, July 8, 2010

What Are You Talking About?

I’ve learned a lot lately. I’ve learned to wait silently for God alone and I’ve learned to shut up. Or at least I’m learning to shut up. Sometimes my mouth really does have a mind of its own but I really, truly want my spirit to be the entity of my being that’s in charge. Really.

How does talking impact the average Christian at work or at home? Let me give you an example of what I’ve learned as I’ve waited for God alone: If I’ve prayed and am believing God for a healing, what I say is of critical importance. If I am waiting for God alone, if I am waiting for the Healer, then I won’t have a need to talk about the physical condition that I prayed about. But if I am waiting for the healing, I’ll be tempted to talk about my physical condition and in turn make it worse.

There’s a huge difference between waiting for God alone and waiting for what God does. We have to be content with Him, not with what He brings or gives or does. If we are content with having God (and being content is really just a decision we make) then we will be less likely to complain or check incessantly to see if He’s done what we’ve asked Him to do.

If it’s a healing you’re believing for, you really don’t have to ask God for it. The Bible already guarantees it…by His stripes you ARE healed…remember? So if we ask for it, we’re actually telling God that we don’t believe what He has already made provision for on our behalf. So what do we do? We simply thank Him for His provision. Thank Him for healing you. Thank Him for sending the Healer, the Great Physician, the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank Him. Thank Him. Thank Him. And then be quiet and wait silently for God alone.

Well, of course you already knew that, right? So why do you still tell people about “your” illness? Listen to the words you say; they are the difference between having a healing and having the Healer. You need the One way more than you need the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment