Thursday, July 29, 2010

So What's Good In Your Life?

It never ceases to amaze me how people talk. I read the Word, I listen to the Word at church and online, and it never ceases to amaze me how I talk. Talking is the most natural thing in the world to do. Silence is the most unnatural thing in the spiritual realm to do. It seems like I’m always running my mouth even when I try to wait silently to hear God’s voice.

I complain about what’s going on around me, I complain about how people talk to each other, and I especially complain about all the complaining other people do. Good grief, where does it end?

I can tell you where. It ends with destruction. Complaining is something that is dealt with very harshly in the Word of God. (Num 11:1) It is also lumped together with sins of the flesh including murder. (Galatians 5) That’s harsh.

So how do we stop complaining? Other than duct-tape over the mouth? Prayer and opportunity. When we decide to be content no matter where we are or what circumstances we are in, we’ll notice an almost miraculous cessation to complaining. When we lose ourselves in Christ Jesus, we’ll obtain His peace and His mind and we’ll be content in who we are in Him. The circumstances won’t matter because no matter what they are, we’re always in Him. (Phil 4:11) He is our strong tower, he is our balm to heal our injuries and our comforter when we are maligned.

As we pray for His comfort and His help, we’ll find more and more opportunity to complain. But don’t do it. Check with the Holy Spirit before you open your mouth. That split second can make all the difference in the world to how your situation plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment