Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Confidence = Endurance

Stamina. You have more stamina than I have. I’m a senior citizen. Granted, I’m stronger than most women my age (and most men my age for that matter) but just because I can go on physically doesn’t mean I can go on mentally. And if I can’t go on mentally, I won’t go on physically. Pretty simple philosophy, don’t you think?

Endurance. You probably don’t have more endurance than I have. I can go on longer because I not only think I can, but because I know I can. So where does that endurance come from? It comes from knowing I can do something because I have confidence in the One Who asked me to do it. If I trust fully in the Lord and in His leading, then I can and will have the endurance I need to get me through any ordeal.

Confidence. My confidence in God is unshakable. It got that way by leaning on Him during trial after trial after trial and learning that He has proved Himself worthy of my faith and trust. Sometimes outcomes don’t happen the way I want them to, and sometimes they do. But my confidence remains intact because I know that the outcome will serve to make me stronger.

God created us for His pleasure. That means that He expects those of us who call Him Lord to trust Him. That is His pleasure. We are His pleasure and He wants us to be happy. And we can only truly be happy when we trust Him and put our confidence in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment